Moulton Hall is home to the Office of the University Registrar. The Registrar's Office consists of: the Registrar Service Center, Veterans Services, Academic Records & Evaluation Services, and Transcripts and Verifications. Academic Scheduling and the Department of Physics are also housed in this building.
Moulton Hall was named after Samuel Moulton, a University founder and congressman who mortgaged his property to keep the University going through the Civil War. Samuel Moulton was also a member of the original Board of Education. The hall opened in 1920 and first became the Thomas Metcalf Laboratory School for teachers and classes (K-12). Adlai Stevenson was one of the school's most famous pupils.
Moulton Hall is located next to Felmley Hall on S. School Street, on the northeast end of the quad.
Office of the University Registrar
Campus Box 2202
The Office of the University Registrar, located on the first floor of Moulton Hall, serves as the custodian of student academic records.
Office of the University Registrar Testing Services, located on the first floor of Moulton Hall, facilitates transitions to and within the University by providing university course placement exams, exams for course credit, and exams to meet graduation requirements, as well as professional and correspondence exams for the community.
Veterans and Military Services
Campus Box 2204
Veterans and Military Services, located on the first floor of Moulton Hall, facilitates the issuance of education benefits through the Department of Veterans Affairs, and provides appropriate forms and information relative to military grants and scholarships made available to students through the state of Illinois.