The Centennial West building serves as home to the School of Theatre and Dance in the College of Fine Arts.
Centennial West opened in 1955. The building was extensively damaged in a fire on November 28, 1963. The restoration cost was much less than originally planned because of the swiftness of University employees who cleaned up the building the day of the fire.
Centennial West is located next to Centennial East and the Center for Visual Arts building on W. Beaufort Street, on the south end of the quad.