Watterson Towers is one of the tallest residence halls in the world, standing at 28 stories.
Watterson Towers opened in 1968 and was named after Arthur W. Watterson, a popular Professor of Geography from 1946-1966. He joined the geography faculty in 1946 and was chosen to head the department in 1951.
Watterson Towers is located just east of Stevenson Hall and the Alamo II bookstore on the southwest corner of North St. and Fell Ave.
One of Illinois State's five University Labs is located within Watterson in room 110. Learn more about this lab.