The College of Arts and Sciences is located in Stevenson Hall. The following academic departments are located here: Economics, English, Foreign Languages, Mathematics, and Philosophy. Free tutoring is available at the University Center for Learning Assistance, also located in Stevenson Hall.
This building was named after Adlai E. Stevenson, one of our most famous local residents. Adlai ran for President of the United States twice in the 1950's. He was the Governor of Illinois and served as an ambassador to the United Nations during the Kennedy administration. Stevenson was the great-grandson of Jesse Fell, the principal founding father of our University.
Stevenson Hall opened in 1968 and was dedicated in 1969. A 27-foot high bronze sculpture in gold leaf from Italy rises from the center of a fountain in the courtyard of Stevenson Hall as a memorial to Mr. Stevenson.
Stevenson Hall is located in between Williams Hall and Watterson Towers, south of School St.
One of Illinois State's six University Labs is located within Stevenson Hall in room 250. Learn more about this lab.