Edwards Hall is home to Capen Auditorium, where the Capen Cinema movie lineup is shown weekly during the fall and spring semesters.
Edwards Hall was named after Richard Edwards, the second President of our University from 1862-1876. He was originally hired as a math instructor in 1861. The building that is Edwards Hall was opened in 1920, but the building was renovated in the early 1960's and renamed in memory of Edwards. Edwards was the man who coined the term "Grandest of Enterprises" for the teaching profession. That is also the name of a book that details our history. Capen Auditorium was named after Charles L. Capen in 1928. He attended Harvard and was on the Normal School Board.
Edwards Hall is located in between Schroeder Hall and Cook Hall on S. University St., on the northwest end of the quad.