Atkin Hall is connected to Colby Hall.
Atkin Hall was named after Edith Atkin (1874-1955), a Professor of Mathematics from 1909-1944. Atkin Hall opened in 1962. Atkin was recognized as a leader in the field of mathematics and as a co-author of an important text used in classrooms. Atkin also served as chairman of the Department of Mathematics and was appointed for a two-year period as Director of Fell Hall.
Atkin Hall is located in the southwest corner of South Campus on Dale St.